RetrofitTech UAE 2016
GE will sponsor RetrofitTech UAE Conference 2016 where participants will discuss exciting retrofitting projects, the associated opportunities and get an update on UAE's retrofit program.
The retrofitting of existing buildings to greener standards is widely recognized as a key step in the sustainable development of UAE's economy. Energy usage in buildings accounts for almost 40% of global consumption, thus mechanisms installed to reduce electricity and water usage are integral to reducing a country's energy output.
The Dubai Supreme Council of Energy has set the goal of reducing energy demand by 30% by 2030. To achieve this goal, retrofitting and refurbishing existing buildings has been identified as a core strategy to reduce overall energy demand.
The event will also identify future retrofit opportunities the private and public sector, as well as showcase the most suitable materials and solutions to achieve the desired reduction in energy demand and increase in ROI. Highly topical issues to be discussed here include regulatory updates, financing and legal framework for retrofitting programs, new project opportunities, and best practices to maximize cost savings and energy efficiency.
- Dubai's Retrofit Program update
- Update on Etihad ESCO's projects and projected plan for retrofitting the remaining 100,000 buildings
- Procurement criteria and future opportunities from Building Owners' Associations, Facility Management Offices, Hotel Operators, and Developers
- Industry panel session on challenges and future retrofit strategies
- Implementing innovative financing models
- Latest green technologies showcase for the following:
- Energy efficient lighting systems
- Central air conditioning
- Sustainable materials
- Smart co2 sensors
- Building energy modelling
- Renewable energy
Date: 14-15th March 2016
Location: Park Hyatt Dubai